Tuesday 28 September 2010

Schoolhouse Rock on YouTube - times tables made fun

I remember the Schoolhouse Rock videos from my childhood (in the US) and am now happy to replay them to my own children as an excellent way of practising our times tables at home in a fun and musical way.

Starting with "Elementary my dear" for the two times table:




Introducing the two times table using a Noah's Ark analogy (without too much emphasis on the Bible story!). I like the way the song challenges the children by demonstrating MUCH larger calculations and how easy it is to break up the numbers.

If you like this, explore the other Schoolhouse Rock number/times table videos:
My Hero, Zero (0)
Three is the magic number (3)
The Four Legged Zoo (4)
Ready of Not, Here I Come (5)
Got Six (6)
Lucky Seven Sampson (7)
Figure Eight (8)
Naughty Number Nine (9)

No comments: